Positions within the medical device industry are expected to boom in 2013 and beyond, as increasing numbers of U.S. residents rely on medical devices and changes in U.S. healthcare law affect the manufacturing, development, and sales of these items.
As seniors age, they often rely on one or more medical devices to manage chronic health conditions, to improve mobility, or to ease everyday tasks. Advancements in technology in the medical device industry have responded to the increased need by developing new devices and improving existing devices.
Increased sales and development create a greater need for qualified job seekers throughout the medical device industry. Positions with openings in the U.S. include:
- Sales staff
- Project managers
- Research and development engineers
- Support staff
- QA technicians
- Clean room manufacturing specialists
One example of a booming area within the medical device industry is the development and sale of neuromodulation devices. These devices treat chronic pain by modifying or disrupting pain signals as they travel to the brain. According to industry experts, the neuromodulation devices market in the U.S. will expand significantly between 2013 and 2018, as the devices’ uses expand to treat other conditions, like peripheral vascular disease, epilepsy, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. Manufacturers and retailers of these devices will need qualified people in every position, from research and development to sales and service.
How do qualified job seekers with no previous industry experience break into the medical device industry? Try these tips:
- Work with a recruiter that specializes in the medical device industry. At Marquee Staffing, our recruiters work with medical device companies in southern California to match great workers with great jobs.
- Learn about the industry. Websites and trade journals that discuss medical device companies and their work are two good places to start.
- Connect with industry professionals. Those in the medical device industry often know which positions are available, and they’re often looking for qualified people to fill open jobs. An experienced recruiter can help you make these valuable connections.
To learn more about how Marquee Staffing can help you launch a career in the medical device industry or many other industries, contact us today.