Many offices employ at least one executive assistant, and larger offices often employ more than one. Executive Assistants may start as temporary employees, as the duties and responsibilities an Executive Assistant performs can offer a springboard to future employment either with a temporary employer or with another employer.
What does an executive assistant’s day look like? While the details often vary based on the company’s purpose and goals, the typical executive assistant spends significant time on duties like:
- Managing the day to day operations of the office,
- Organizing and maintaining essential office files and records,
- Planning and scheduling meetings and appointments for other staff,
- Making travel and guest plans,
- Carrying out projects and performing research,
- Writing and editing letters, reports, and presentations,
- Providing customer service.
Each of these tasks carries over easily to other executive assistant positions with other employers, as well as to other career positions. Executive Assistants hone essential “soft skills” required in any job position, such as the ability to stay organized, manage people and projects, schedule their time effectively, and communicate with a wide range of people, including coworkers, supervisors, and customers.
At Marquee Staffing, our recruiters regularly help job-seekers find executive assistant positions that allow them to learn, grow, and thrive in the field of their choice. Positions for which Marquee is currently seeking candidates include:
- Engineering Admin, Irvine California. This executive assistant will support a team of Medical Device Engineers in a fast-paced environment. MUST have experience supporting an Engineering Team.
- Handles scheduling for a team of 20 or more engineers,
- Creates travel arrangements,
- Uses Concur software to create expense reports (experience needed),
- Creates purchase orders,
- Regularly uses MS Office suite (typing 60+ WPM required)
- Notary license is a plus
To apply to this engineering admin opportunity in Irvine, or other available open positions directly from our website, sign up with Marquee Staffing today. You’ll be taking the first step toward a great career.
If you’re looking for a temporary, contract, or direct-hire position as an executive assistant, contact Marquee Staffing today. We’ll strive to match your skills and experience to the best position available, so you can thrive on your career path.