Whether you were born and raised in Orange County or you’ve joined the community from elsewhere, you know that this is a great place to live and work. You also know how tough the job market can be.
To supercharge your job search, connect with a staffing firm that specializes in connecting employers and job seekers in southern California. Marquee Staffing offers a number of resources and tips that can help you find the work you’re looking for, like:
Our career resources for Southern California Job Seekers make it easy to learn more about your industry, share news and tips, and get help with common job-search questions. Learn how to target your resume to the job you want, improve your LinkedIn profile and connections, and avoid common job interview mistakes.
Aren’t sure you want to work with a recruiting firm? We can answer your most pressing questions as well – and our career resources are available whether or not you decide to contact one of our staffing partners.
Job Boards and Job Alerts
Nothing is more frustrating than finding a job posting after hours of searching, only to realize that it has already closed – or that you can’t possibly complete the application before the post closes. Reduce the time you spend on your job search and improve your results by keeping an eye on Marquee’s job board. Log in to sign up for job alerts, and when a new job is posted that fits your skills, you’ll be the first to know.
See a job on our job board that looks promising? Contact us without leaving the website! We’ll be in touch.
Job Search Tips
In a competitive economy, standing out among other candidates during your job search is crucial. Here are five top tips from recruiters on how to improve your job search:
- Be prepared. Read the job description thoroughly before you apply. Know what this employer wants.
- Be choosy. Only apply for positions where you meet most or all of the qualifications to improve your chances of being contacted for an interview.
- Be focused. Tailor your resume to each job for which you apply.
- Be detailed. Proofread your application materials. Ask a friend or colleague to proofread.
- Be specific. When you give examples in interviews, tell stories about specific events, and give numbers, measurements, or other concrete results.
Marquee Staffing specializes in connecting top Orange County talent to top Orange County employers. Contact us to learn more or search our open jobs today!